Arbi or arvi is known as taro root in English. It’s one dish that I have always loved – esp in winters. I still have the taste of my dadi and mama k hath ka salan which we always loved with lemon juice and lots of piyaz and tamatar! Sath mai tandor k roti! Hayeee
Here’s the recipe that I tried today and it turned out great as well! Kuch muhabbat ka ferk hai bus jo sirf baron k hath se he ata hai- baki all’s good! ❤️
Mutton – 1 kg
Arvi- 1/2 kg
Onion- 1 large
Garlic cloves – 3-4
Salt – to taste
Yoghurt- 1/2 cup
Red chilli powder – 3/4 tbsp
Shan Paya Masala – 1-2 tbsps
Oil- 2-3 tbsl
Corriander and green chillies to garnish.
1. Slice onions and fry them in oil.- turn slight brown
2. Add mutton and mix well till the smell goes.
3 Add salt, red chillies, turmeric along with yoghurt.
4. Add water and let the meat get tender. I usually make it in pressure cooker so gets tender in 15 min.
5. After its nice and soft mix well and add arvi. Now initially I peeled off the arvi and soaked it in water with salt for an hour. I washed it well after that.
6. Mix it all nicely and add water – I like mine shorba sort so add accordingly. Let it simmer on low.
7. Add 1-2 tbsp of Shan Paya Masala- it’s my mother in law’s tip and I add it to all shorba sort curries that I’m making – alu gosht esp! The flavour i will give is just going to be amazing!
8. In the end- add chopped corriander and green chilies- simmer for 5 min and serve hot with lemon and piyaz tamatar! Tandor k roti ho to kya he bat!!