I’m not a super mom. But yes, I try to feed Nayel healthy stuff. I don’t always get to do- there are days when we order Mcdonalds meal. But whenever possible, I make sure I’m giving him healthy stuff.
His latest nuggets love is turning into an addiction- which forced me to make a cleaner version of nuggest at home for him. So I googled a couple of recipes, tried and tested and made my own version which he loves! Alhamdullilah!
Hence sharing with you all here today – enjoy!
Tip: try to make food colorful and fun for kids- sneak in some veggies and healthy bits that will give them some extra boost in a flavorsome way 🙂
Homemade Chicken Nuggets
Makes -20 pieces
–Boneless chicken breast 1/2 kg
-Salt 1 Tsp
-Black Pepper ½ Tsp
-Paprika ½ Tsp
-Soy Sauce 1 Tsp
-Garlic Powder ½ Tsp
-Dried Parsley ½ Tsp
-Bread Crumbs 1 Cup
-Salt ¼ Tsp
-Black Pepper 1 Pinch
-Dried Parsley ½ Tsp
-Flour ½ Cup
-Corn flour 1 Tbs
-Oil For Frying
1 . You can make it two ways- either mince the raw chicken and make using that. Or boil the chicken and shread.
2. In food chopper, add chicken and chop it for 1-2 mins
3. Add garlic powder, salt, paprika, black pepper powder, soy sauce, dried parsley, egg and chop it for 1-2 minutes.
4. Take out the mixture in a bowl and refrigerate for an hour.
5. Take a bowl add flour, corn flour, mix and set aside
6. In another bowl, take breadcrumbs ,add black pepper, salt, dried parsley, mix and set aside
7. In a separate bowl, Take 1 egg and whisk it and set aside.
8. Grease your hands with oil properly, take chicken mixture (as per desired size) and shape it.
9. Coat in flour mixture, dip in beaten egg then coat in breadcrumbs.
10. Prepare all nuggets and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
11. At this stage, you can freeze nuggets for up to 30 days. Whenever you need to fry them take them out.
12. Shallow or deep fry until nice golden color appear. Depends on how you prepared it – ie boiled chicken – pan fry, mince chicken deep fry.
13. Serve it with fries , rice or just as it is!
Happy Nugget-ing mummies!!