If you follow my blog, you would know my love for chaye- a good chaye- paki hoye, doodh pati kind- and a slice of warm cake with it , makes my world go round and round with happiness😬
I Absolutely LOVE carrot cakes, mainy because they’re not very sweet( atleast I like them that way) , I can add my best friends – NUTS and PECANS in them and ofcourse who doesn’t like a cinnamon kick – cmonnnnn!😎
So I’m sharing my secret recipe today tried many times , always a hit! However – this time I swapped cake flour with whole wheat flour (aata) and it came out delicious! You can either use normal flour or experiment with mine using ata too. It will definitely be yummy!
The best part is- you absolutely don’t need any fancy equipments for this cake! Just bowls, a whisk and spatula are all that’s needed for the cake itself. It comes together really quickly. Simply whisk the dry ingredients together, whisk the wet ingredients together then combine. Add carrots and nuts( optional) and you’re done.
So after a poll on my blog on instagram- for you all- here’s the recipe!
Super Moist and yummy Carrot Cake
Makes 12-24 cupcakes
Or 9 inch double layer cake – 16-22 slices
( if you want a smaller one, just half all the ingredients-)
- 1 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat ata
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 1/4 cups canola or other vegetable oil
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup lightly packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 large eggs
- 3 cups grated peeled carrots (5 to 6 medium carrots)
- 1 cup coarsely chopped pecans and walnuts (optional)
1. Heat the oven to 180 degree ( about 20 min ) Grease two 9-inch round cake pans and line the bottom with parchment paper then grease the top of the paper. Or, grease and flour the bottom and sides of both pans. ( it ensures the cake to come out clean!)
2. In a bowl, whisk flour, baking soda, salt, and the cinnamon until well blended. In a separate bowl, whisk the oil, sugars and vanilla. Whisk in eggs, one at a time, until blended.
3.Scrape the sides and bottom of the bowl then add the dry ingredients in 3 parts, stirring gently ( not too much) until they disappear.
4. Grate the carrots and dust some flour onto them. This ensures carrots to be preset equal around the cake and not sink at the bottom! You will thank me for this tip! Like this👇🏼- add into the batter with nuts.
5. Divide the batter between the prepared cake pans. Bake until the tops of the cake layers are springy when touched and when a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean; 35 to 45 minutes. ( if you’re baking half of these ingredients – a single pan is good)
Cool cakes in pans for 15 minutes then turn out onto cooling racks, peel off parchment paper and cool completely.
I don’t like the cream cheese frosting , as I enjoy the cake like this- but if you’re a frosting fan please go ahead!♥️
I made the frosting a long time ago and that’s what it looked it.
Tadaaaa!!! Put that kettle on for chaye and enjoy the goodness!!!! Please please leave me a comment if you try this recipe – and your feedback is golddddddd!! You know that!
Follow me for more recipes and fun!