As a Teacher I often used to have parents telling me that their kids never share anything when they get back home.
As a student myself, I remember, I used to have constant bugs running in my tummy until I would tell each and every detail to my mom. I really wonder how kids just don’t share nowadays !
So I thought of writing a short blog to help parents get their kids share details about how the school was! The first day specially!!
We all know that if you usually ask them how was the day, the ONLY reply you get is ‘ good’ or ‘fine ‘ 😂. Please start telling them that ‘good’ ‘fine’ ‘okay’ are dead words! Or the dog has eaten them, or the scary monster took them away😂.
Here are some cool ways to get more words and details from them in more than just one word! Do try and let me know if these worked! Also please add more to this list in the comments section below. I would love to read more new ideas and ways:)
- What was the best / worst part of the day today?
- What did you like in the lunch today ?
- What was the funniest moment in the class?
- Which books did you read?
- What games did you play in recess time?
- What made you really happy/ sad / angry in the class today?
- What topics do you wish your teacher teaches this term?
- What was the hardest part of the day?
- Who did you sat next to ?
- Any new rules that your teacher talked about in class?
- Tell me 2 things about your new teacher !
- What was your teacher wearing today?
- How many new students do you have in your class?
- What did you write about today?
- What are you looking forward to at school tomorrow?
Really hope these get your lil ones talking! Also it is very important to make them understand the value of sharing about their day.
Sometimes try ‘ silence key’ too. It also gets their curious clock ticking and wondering why isn’t mummy asking anything?? 😝
Good luck to all the parents for a new school year! Nayel is still very young to start – so we’ll sleep a little longer:)