So Nayel’s mommy is a big time foodie. Yes , I love cooking and eating. You can say my favOurite past time activity. Parenthood has restricted me a little , but I still keep my ventures going on in the kitchen stage. Lights. Camera . Action – here’s presenting another hot hit dish in my kitchen- Hakka noodles! This is a recipe actually given by my friend Anum who is a great cook too. So few months back she came to my place and made this for me. I fell in love with these and made them many times due to intense cravings. Just added amended a few things otherwise its totally hers! Sharing with you all and I bet you’ll go crazy eating it too!
P.s- this is a spicy hot one 🌶!!
- 1 pack hakka noodles ( you can take macaroni, spegetti too)
- 1 boneless chicken breast 250gms appx
- 1 cup tomato ketchup
- 1/2 cup chilli garlic sauce
- 1 tbsp siriracha sauce ( only if you want extra hot)
- 2-3 Freshly grated garlic cloves
- 1tsp ginger garlic paste
- 1 sliced green capsicum
- 1 cup cabbage
- 1 julienne carrot
- 1 cup mushrooms ( tin or fresh)
- 2-3 stalks green onion
- 1 sliced onion
- Few flowerets of brocolli
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 tsp of chilli flakes
- Boil the hakka noodles with some salt and lil oil so they don’t stick together. Keep aside. Hakka noodles are egg noodles which require very less cooking. 3-5 min. ( chk directions on the pack).
- Cut the chicken breast length wise in pieces. Heat some oil in a pan and add ginger garlic paste, then cook the chicken with some salt and pepper in it. Add a dash of water so the chicken doesn’t become dry.
- Take the chicken out and in the same pan add a little olive oil again and add all the vegetables. Saute them for few minutes. Add chilli flakes and cook. I like mine crunchy so I don’t cook them for long. Take them out in a plate.
- In the same pan fry some freshly grated garlic and add the tomato ketchup, chilli garlic sauce, siriracha sauce and some salt n pepper. Let it simmer and then add thecooked chicken. Add all the veggies too and mix well.
- Now in a large pan layer the boiled noodles and the sauce . Mix well. At this stage make sure the heat is very low. Taste and add chillis accordingly.
- Dish it out and serve hot!