Nayel’s daddy is a huge huge humungous beef fan! From steaks to ribs to chops to nihari- its a treat if that’s cooked!
He loves Pf chang’s mangolian beef. Whenever we go there it’s always a fight on what to order. I’m not very fond of beef- but I do eat it sometimes. So our PF chang’s set menu is two dynamite shrimps – one for each;) and either a chicken or a beef dish! Mostly Huzaifa wins and we order mangolian beef. So I thought of making the same at home. Read many recipes and mixed and matched some to create my own. I wouldn’t say it was exactly the same as Pf changs, but it wasn’t bad either.
Here’s my simple take on mangolian beef with some sauce.
- 1/2 kg Beef steak cut into strips( I used strongnuff)
- 3cloves garlic, crushed( don’t use paste)
- 2 heaped tbsp soy sauce
- 3 tbsp corn flour
- 1 green bell pepper sliced
- Bunch or spring onion roughly chopped
- Green chillis 3-4
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tsp Sesame seeds ( I forgot! You should add)
- 1 tbsp white vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
For the yummy sauce:
- 1/4cup soy sauce
- 1/4cup brown sugar
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp fresh ginger crushed
- Dash of seaseme seed oil.
- Mix together garlic , soya sauce , vinegar,salt and pepper and lil sugar with cornflour and add onto the beef strips. Leave it for around an hour for good marination. The soya sauce will cut through the beef and tendernize it for easier cooking!
- Heat the oil in a pan and add some garlic and fry the beef. Add a little water and cook thoroughly ensuring its well tenderized. Also it will give some saucy texture.
- Take it out in a plate and in the same pan prepare the sauce. Add the garlic and ginger with the soy sauce and brown sugar for the sauce and let this boil. Add lil seasme seed oil for the beautiful aroma. Mmmmmm 😋 Add the beef and heat through until the sticky sauce covers all the beef. Yummy!
- Now add the sliced green bell peppers, green chillis and spring onion. Toss it for 2-3 min( I prefer min crunchy. You can cook more if your like them soft)
- Viola! Serve it with some boiled / fried rice and garnish with some seasme seeds. Enjoy!