‘Weaning your baby is an exciting time for both of you. It’s a huge step forward for your baby into whole new world of tastes and textures.’ – Annabel Karmel.
Baby N loves eating fruits and vegetables ma sha Allah. I keep introducing new in his diet. Vegetables and fruits are superfood for babies. They are easy to digest and a powerhouse of vitamins and minerals.
Initially I started with one fruit and a vegetable separately at a time. Slowly a run towards mix and match began. Its always good to try one for 3-4 days to see how your lil one is taking them.
Few of N’s first veggies were carrots , sweet potatoes and zucchini. And his first time fruits were pears, apples, banana and peaches.
Here today I’m going to share a simple fruits and veggie purees that Nayel enjoys eating.
Also a big shout out to my friends Amna Maisam who introduced juniors baby blender for purees to me. Its my best friend! I actually borrowed it from her but have kept it😋- 🙈. Amo you know I love you😘
So here’s my take on baby N’s one of the favourite purees .
Spiced pumpkin puree
-Chunks of butternut pumpkin
– 1 pear
– 1 ripe banana
– a pinch of cinnamon powder
– dash of water
– Wash and peel the pumpkin and pear.
– Cut it into chunks and steam for 5-7 minutes on low heat. (Its always better to steam veggies and fruits instead of boiling them as they loose their nutritional value in water while boiling. Steaming makes them soft and retains all good stuff in them. Roasting in oven in also a good option.)
– Finally a pinch or two of ground cinnamon for some flavour!
– Ta da!!! Its ready to hit your baby’s little taste buds!
Tip: Purees can be kept in the fridge for about 2-3 days or in freezer upto a month! Ice cube trays worked heavenly for me for this.